logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
la mouche  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:52:01 AM(UTC)
la mouche

I love very very much SharkFX for 3d mode, but .... 2d mode (model to sheet) makes mad ....:eek:

these bugs ... or poor ergonomics, disgusted many users.

It is imperative to rethink the whole module 2d (model to sheet also) and make it much [COLOR="Red"]more flexible[/COLOR].

[COLOR="red"]Personal opinion of course[/COLOR]

Note that I am: demonstrator, teaching in schools, for SharkFX, and so I have a very good appreciation of usability and pedagogy for this software. :o

Antoine
Tem  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:31:59 PM(UTC)
Tem

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
There is room for improvement in the 2D drawing mode and tool set. I have many ideas, however it is work I haven't had time to illustrate.
chipmaker2  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:53:09 AM(UTC)
chipmaker2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
BonJour

Can't comment on model to sheet in Sharkfx I haven't tried it.

What is the problem in 2D? I find the 2D part of the program very flexible and reliable. With ViaCad 7 the 3 new snap tools are extremely handy and work well.

The trim tool now that you can disable the prompt asking if you want to delete entire object is one of the better trim tools. It's like erase and trim extend all in one using the ctrl key. I suggested that change and they implemented it!:)

Future easy improvements?

I'd like to see the select tool change when pressing the ctrl button to switch from entire object to partial object mode instead of going to preferences each time.

I'd like everything to to become unselected every time the trim tool is started.

An option to shut of quadrants in the snap box.

Spell check I really need.:confused:

Compared to what?
I've tried a few mid range programs in the past and none of them had object tracking that worked better than VC.

My biggest problem using Cad is I use it intermittently and I forget stuff. Easier user interface tools like the new inspector is appreciated.

Question? Is there a video of model to sheet in SharkFx?

Chuck
misterrogers  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:42:31 AM(UTC)
misterrogers

I wish the text editing was easier to work with. Typing stuff into either of the little boxes doesn't work naturally. Just because this is a CAD program doesn't mean the text has to always work in such a typical, rigid fashion.
chipmaker2  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:44:19 AM(UTC)
chipmaker2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
One more easy change I think that would improve the programs use.

When a one line text or dimension text is selected we need a bigger text edit box up in the menu bar area. Please!