logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BOYKIN96111  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 7:31:56 AM(UTC)
BOYKIN96111

All,

I'm new to the Viacad community and am intending to use Viacad for designing small buildings / various woodworking projects. I am still trying to understand the BOM creation process, and was wondering if anybody has came across issues similar to the one listed bellow:

- When creating the BOM, it appears that Viacad wants to separate each individual part as its' own item. I have renamed each part in a similar naming convention, and modified the BOM file to look for Item #, Description (name), and the Qty to be built. I am unsure if there may be another factor that I am missing, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for the help.

-Alex

BOYKIN96111 attached the following image(s):
12 x 12 Building.PNG (376kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Modded Cutlist.PNG (13kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Modded Cutslist (duplicate parts).PNG (32kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Layer Setup.PNG (39kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
rokoko  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 11:59:00 AM(UTC)
rokoko

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 45 post(s)
viacad pro 10 powerpackpro, viacad pro 9 german, mac
BOYKIN96111  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 3:58:47 PM(UTC)
BOYKIN96111

Rokoko,

I have seen the video before, but after following the steps there is still the issue of duplicating information in the table/cutlist. I saw another post stating that this may be an issue related to my current version of Viacad. I'll try to update it later and hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

-Alex
MPSchmied  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 4:32:53 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
The cutlist works not properly and is not useable, because this list don't know the correct lenght or mitre angle for cutting profiles. And you have to rename the parts and sometimes this Cotlist think a pert is different but its the same part with the same name and it create anyway a new entry. This is just a trash feature, sometimes i use it, buit creating a cutlist manually is faster and better.
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
UGMENTALCASE  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:31:26 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Yeah many an error with this, still waiting on a build release to see if some issues have been fixed. Wondering whether running bounding box and then rename the boxes as per part numbers and trying the bom then would make any difference?
BOYKIN96111  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 5:02:38 PM(UTC)
BOYKIN96111

All,

I've updated Viacad to the most recent build version (1359) and the table now seems to be working correctly. I believe my previous build was 1353, but since updating it seems to be working perfectly fine! And I've noticed too that some of the dimensions may not be 100% accurate using the current cutlist BOM. It appears that the current cutlist only recognizes the lengths, widths, and thicknesses directly normal to the plane in which they were created. In one of the pictures below you can see one part was a 2" x 4" x 96" board, but registers as 81.92 x 53.47 because it is sitting at an angle. Since I'm naming the boards their proper dimensions this isn't a problem, I'm just glad I don't have to manually count all 150 boards and separate them that way! This feature could use a little work, but overall I'm satisfied with it. Thanks for the help!

-Alex
BOYKIN96111 attached the following image(s):
Corrected Cutlist.PNG (30kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Cutlist Error.PNG (44kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.