logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
horst.w  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 3:52:23 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I have drawn some parts of an object and all is running well. Now I would assemble them and need to make one of them a little bit higher than drawn.
It was never any problem to do this, but now for one part PushPull works only on the front- and backside, while all other surfaces of the other parts are normal. Selecting a side of the object, PushPull marks the whole object and works like the gripper - only movements possible.

The same happens with the Thicken - command, choosing the side of the object, the whole object is selcted and all surfaces are thicken.

Concerns the object on the left side of the picture. Programm closed and restarted has no effect.

Any idea?

Regards
horst.w
GER
horst.w attached the following image(s):
Problem Push Pull.png (50kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:41:51 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Would it be possible to send me the viacad file and something to indicate which face to push/pull?
Thanks
Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
horst.w  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 2:02:50 AM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

... the small surfaces round about the object on the left side of the picture. EMail follows.

Thanks
H.

pictures show the drawing of the small object, it is pull up from the figure below. Pulling up the front and back side is ok, but pulling one of the surfaces sidewards cause only a movement.
Imported the object to the assembly of all parts, it is the same, but other objects are working well.

Edited by user Friday, April 13, 2018 2:29:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PushPullDrawing.png (96kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
PushPullDrawing2.png (96kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
horst.w  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 2:24:19 AM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Send vcp-files ?

H.
File Attachment(s):
Oberteil.vcp (81kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Unterzug fuer Flaschentraeger.vcp (1,041kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

MPSchmied  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 12:54:54 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Maybe you can change the splines into arcs. Then you won't have this problems anymore. maybe you used the "Join Curve" Trimming, this will change Lines and Arcs into Splines with alot of points. This is just a waste of space and Computing Power.

Edited by user Friday, April 13, 2018 1:01:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MPSchmied attached the following image(s):
Unbenannt-1 Kopie.png (16kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
horst.w  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 1:26:43 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Thanks,
at the moment the problem is solved. I have delete the object and created it as new by using Substract Solids from Solids.

Further I have reinstalled the program build 1341 another time and it runs well now but couldn't repair the issue.

Thanks for your support!

Horst
flatpack  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:36:02 PM(UTC)
flatpack

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
While we're on the subject of the push/pull tool, does anyone know if PUSH/PULL can somehow to SNAP to points, edges or faces?

Somehow I just can't get it to snap to any of these..
horst.w  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 3:38:49 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Yes, is possible.

See picture, the left cylinder I want to pull up to the height level of the right cylinder.
The pull up tool marks the surface by red frame and when the mouse-tip of the tool reaches the level, the right cylinder becomes also a red marked frame.
I think, this function is depending from Preferences > Snaps > Alignment Angle; the mine is filled with 0°, 90°

H.
PushPull-LevelSnap.png (260kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

flatpack  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:06:15 PM(UTC)
flatpack

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: horst.w Go to Quoted Post
Yes, is possible.

See picture, the left cylinder I want to pull up to the height level of the right cylinder.
The pull up tool marks the surface by red frame and when the mouse-tip of the tool reaches the level, the right cylinder becomes also a red marked frame.
I think, this function is depending from Preferences > Snaps > Alignment Angle; the mine is filled with 0°, 90°

H.

I appreciate the tip, but I tried this and unfortunately it is still not working. Same Alignment Angle settings too.

In my case, the reference cylinder's edge never turned red, nor gave any indication that it was being referenced.

I am using VC 10.

horst.w  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:00:28 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

I'm using Win 7 64 Bit, VC10 Pro Build 1359
If the Preferences > Snaps > Alignment Angle are not the switch ON / OFF for zhis function, than I don't know it ;-(

That is what User's Guide says:

As you’re dragging, if the face you are pushing/pulling becomes co-planar with another existing face, the
existing face appears highlighted so you know when the two faces are aligned. This makes pushing or
pulling faces into alignment with existing faces very easy.
Using the Push/Pull tool
1 Position your cursor over an enclosed 2D profile or face. The text “face on” appears when you’re
on an acceptable surface.
2 Hold down your left mouse button and drag in the direction you want to push/pull.
3 Release when the face is at the desired distance.
4 (optional) Enter values in the Data Entry window to specify the distance.

H.
BillB  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:38:57 AM(UTC)
BillB

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: flatpack Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: horst.w Go to Quoted Post
Yes, is possible.

H.

I appreciate the tip, but I tried this and unfortunately it is still not working. Same Alignment Angle settings too.

In my case, the reference cylinder's edge never turned red, nor gave any indication that it was being referenced.

1/ You need to switch on 'face snapping' in the Inspector -> gripper panel

2/ the work plane needs to be set to be parallel to the faces you are trying to align.
Bill Bedford

Viacad Pro 11 (11417)

OS X 10.13.6