logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daderaide  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:50:33 PM(UTC)
daderaide

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
After creating a new shortcut key set, I can't modify the factory included shortcuts. If I try to change or remove them, they will change and save for my current session, but as soon as I exit the program and reopen it, they have all reverted to the original.

For example, I would like to use the "w" key for a different shortcut. I have a 3D connection space navigator and never use the view shortcuts. I'd like to remove ALL of the view shortcuts so that I can use those keys for something else but every time I exit the program, all of my changes have been reverted.

Are these shortcuts not allowed to be changed? If so, why does it allow me to change them for my current session only to change them back after I exit? Anyone know what's up with this?
2013 Mac Pro - 12 core 3.4GHz w/ dual graphics - macOS 10.13 High Sierra
ViaCAD Pro 10 w/ PowerPack Pro
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:53:03 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Yes system shortcuts are not changeable .

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
daderaide  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:40:52 PM(UTC)
daderaide

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OK. I can accept that. Although, I would consider the "system shortcuts" the ones that are listed next to menu items in the main menu toolbar. These are shortcuts that use the option key modifier. for example "Zoom Window" already has a shortcut using "⌘4" why does is also have a shortcut in the shortcut key set using "w"???

It would seem that allowing me to change these other shortcut key options within the shortcut manager for a particular session but then changing them back is a bug that should be fixed. I think it's also a bug that there are 2 sets of shortcut keys reserved for the same action.
2013 Mac Pro - 12 core 3.4GHz w/ dual graphics - macOS 10.13 High Sierra
ViaCAD Pro 10 w/ PowerPack Pro
Nois2  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 11:29:20 AM(UTC)
Nois2

Actually on a Mac you can change system shortcuts. And you can create shortcuts for anything you can to in the menus of any application. No idea why your shortcuts are not staying. You may get around the issue by assigning them in the system as long as they show up in a menu.