logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
la mouche  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:27:27 AM(UTC)
la mouche

hello all,

what do you [COLOR="Red"]HyperShot (Bunkspeed)[/COLOR]?

for the work of rendering.

I am looking for the ideal compagnion SharkFX.

My concerns are primarily the rendering of gemstones, metals, glass.

SharkFX:
- Very bad interface and ergonomics
+ rendering integrated software SharkFX.

Maxwell Render:
- Expensive, complex interface, rendering time very very long
+ materials extraordinary action on the rendering => after rendering.

Artalantis render:
- Made-oriented architecture
+ real time, fantastic ergonomics, learning time is very short.

Cinema4D
- Expensive
+ Nice GUI, powerful

thank you in advance for your contribution.

Best regards

Antoine
mikeschn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:37:46 AM(UTC)
mikeschn

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've looked at some of those rendering packages. I finally settled on Hypershot for ease of use and speed. The renderings are not quite as good as what you might get from Cinema4D for example, but they impress everyone that I show...

I'll send you a link this evening to some of the renderings I've done.

Mike...
ViaCAD Pro 12 on Windows; Viacad Pro 14 on Mac
Remmi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:37:07 AM(UTC)
Remmi

I have also tried Hypershot, and liked most results... but it was too unstable on Snow Leopard. There were also a few rendering glitches that I was not happy with (on both platforms).

I was going to demo the new Hypershot '10 when it was released. I have now been waiting several months, with no word... then this just came to light a few days ago.

http://develop3d.com/blog/2010/01/bunkspeed-the-future

I am going to wait and see what happens with Bunkspeed and Luxion, before my purchase.

Cadsoft is mentioned in this forum post, regarding a similar situation that happened years ago. Luckily, I made the decision to go with Concepts Unlimited 1.0.

http://hypershot.hyperboards.co...view_topic&topic_id=3843
posh.de  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:35:20 AM(UTC)
posh.de

Germany

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 36 post(s)
you might want evaluate if an external app is feasible by checking free render solutions as e.g. [URL="http://www.kerkythea.net/"]Kerkythea[/URL] and [URL="http://www.caligari.com/"]Caligari TrueSpace[/URL] (in the meanwhile bought by MS) first before investing in a commercial product.

show pix!

Norbert
mikeschn  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:54:24 PM(UTC)
mikeschn

Okay, here's a couple pics from Hypershot...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Mike...
tmay  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:34:11 PM(UTC)
tmay

It's not too expensive until you start to get up in resolution, then it's pricier than Maxwell.

For my money, I would look at Luxology Modo. Under a thousand, lots of freeform design and animation capability, and as Luxology is now supplying Solidworks for their Photo360, you should see continued development.

I have Maxwell, version 1.7, and will look at upgrading if and when I pop for a new Mac. It's a resource hog.

My experience with the web version of Hypershot is good, but their pricing model is a bit steep.

tom
ZeroLengthCurve  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:19:17 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mikeschn Go to Quoted Post
Okay, here's a couple pics from Hypershot...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Mike...

Is that a BED as soon as you step in? I ask because i cannot see lines for fold-out steps, but, maybe it's just me, ....
mikeschn  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:17:56 PM(UTC)
mikeschn

Originally Posted by: ZeroLengthCurve Go to Quoted Post
Is that a BED as soon as you step in? I ask because i cannot see lines for fold-out steps, but, maybe it's just me, ....

That bed/door layout is fashioned after a traditional teardrop. You don't step into it. You seat your butt on the bed, swing your legs in and go to sleep.

If you want to step in, the backdoor would be a better place to step in...

UserPostedImage

BTW, another iteration raises the bed so that you have to jump into the bed... :eek:
UserPostedImage

Fun, isn't it!!!???

Mike...
P.S. Sorry, I don't have a good interior shot handy. I do have this strange cutaway which might help give you a feel for the interior...
UserPostedImage
jol  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 2:53:28 AM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's very special ! - and great renderings .. are you going to build it ?
mikeschn  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 10:59:28 AM(UTC)
mikeschn

I've built a number of teardrop style trailers already, but yes, I'll probably build that one too! :rolleyes:

If you want to see some of the trailer that I and the guys on the forum have built, go here, and click on the Hall of Fame, in the upper left hand corner!

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums

Mike...
la mouche  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:47:52 AM(UTC)
la mouche

hello

I just tested:

http://www.cheetah3d.com/

what do you compared to HyperShot? please :)

best regards

Antoine
dexter  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:49:18 AM(UTC)
dexter

At work, we use Solidworks plus Luxology's PhotoView 360, and it is largely painless to use.

At home, I have and agree that Maxwell is slow but good. I don't use it very often. Most often, I use OBJ export from ViaCAD into Blender. It has a number of supported renderers. The internal is very good and fairly fast. There is an unbiased renderer plugin from Luxrender that is very good (but you have to get your hands a little dirty to use it):

http://www.luxrender.net/v/index

Blender solution will cost you your time to learn and fiddle with another system, otherwise it is free. Maxwell, et al, are expensive but easier to use.
tmay  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:28:00 AM(UTC)
tmay

In reading of the issues confronting the Hypershot developers, I came across a link to an unbiased renderer from:

http://www.refractivesoftware.com

The package is called Octane, and it looks to be similar usability to Maxwell Render, although less developed to date. It's claim to fame is modest cost, and a CUDA implementation that gives very scalable rendering performance via multiple graphics cards or even dedicated units such as the Nvidia Tesla.

Currently, only available for Window, but soon Linux and OSX, and OpenCL down the road so that other cards other than Nvidia might be use. I would argue that offloading rendering to GPU's has the potential to provide high performance vs cost, and probably better performance than multithreading CPU's.

I don't see any reason that developers might not take advantage of both multicore/multithreading CPU and multiple GPU's for rendering.
blowlamp  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 10:30:19 AM(UTC)
blowlamp

Originally Posted by: tmay Go to Quoted Post
In reading of the issues confronting the Hypershot developers, I came across a link to an unbiased renderer from:

http://www.refractivesoftware.com

The package is called Octane, and it looks to be similar usability to Maxwell Render, although less developed to date. It's claim to fame is modest cost, and a CUDA implementation that gives very scalable rendering performance via multiple graphics cards or even dedicated units such as the Nvidia Tesla.

Currently, only available for Window, but soon Linux and OSX, and OpenCL down the road so that other cards other than Nvidia might be use. I would argue that offloading rendering to GPU's has the potential to provide high performance vs cost, and probably better performance than multithreading CPU's.

I don't see any reason that developers might not take advantage of both multicore/multithreading CPU and multiple GPU's for rendering.

Just to add to this post that the Octane beta will soon be available for purchase at 99 Euros which includes a full v1 licence. Once released, v1 will sell for 199 Euros. http://www.refractivesoftware.com/purchase.html

Martin
NickB  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:50:02 AM(UTC)
NickB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Octane is currently on special. 49 Euros till the end of the week. The package is now cross platform, but does require that you have an Nvidia GPU. The 49 Euro price will give you a free update to the 1.0 product when it ships.
Shark FX 9 build 1143
OS X 9.5
3.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB, GTX 760 2GB

matter.cc
la mouche  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2:57:44 AM(UTC)
la mouche

hello,

Rendering made with Cheetah3D.

Cordialy

Antoine
la mouche attached the following image(s):
Chanel.png (355kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.