logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NeuTechFLA  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 12:43:25 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Noob question #15. Is there a magic button to allow the scroll wheel to work all the time within the Concept Explorer specifically in layers? It works intermittently and I cannot seem to find the "correct" way to get it to work.
UGMENTALCASE  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:47:40 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I'd also like to know this. Mine just doesn't scroll at all!
jdi000  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:00:24 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Do you have mac or pc. PC seems ok here.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
Jolyon  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:05:07 PM(UTC)
Jolyon

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I'm on Mac. For me ...

Attempting to scroll up and down ... appears to scroll it left and right

: P
NeuTechFLA  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:13:35 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

I am on a PC. I get intermittent success and have not found permanent success. It seems like a bug to me as just before it decides to work the Concept Explorer window blinks once quickly while randomly clicking within the layers area and then the scroll wheel works. I am on V10 build 1335.

And wouldn't you know it....as soon as I posted I seem to have found the repeatable method to get it to work. By clicking a layer twice slowly, as if you were going to change the name, it highlights in white (ready for text input) simply click somewhere else in the layers, essentially deselecting the item and then the scroll wheel works. That's a bug.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:18:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdi000  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:19:30 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Originally Posted by: NeuTechFLA Go to Quoted Post
I am on a PC. I get intermittent success and have not found permanent success. It seems like a bug to me as just before it decides to work the Concept Explorer window blinks once quickly while randomly clicking within the layers area and then the scroll wheel works. I am on V10 build 1335.

And wouldn't you know it....as soon as I posted I seem to have found the repeatable method to get it to work. By clicking a layer twice slowly, as if you were going to change the name, it highlights in white (ready for text input) simply click somewhere else in the layers, essentially deselecting the item and then the scroll wheel works. That's a bug.

Please check your Help ... Current Version to make sure you are running the latest version.

Regards
Jason
Windows 11, 10
NeuTechFLA  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:22:58 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Current Version verified as latest.
UGMENTALCASE  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:39:31 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Thought we on version 1354? I'm on pc and just doesn't scroll, ever. Very irritating when you have a lot going on :-)

Edited by user Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:40:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdi000  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:46:35 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Scrolling seems to always work here on my PC setup. So for those not working please give more specifics, how do you have concept explorer collapsed or open how big length and width, what size is it. What steps to repeat what is the last action performed before going to layer dialog, How many primary secondary layers are there.
Is the scroll bar always present when you click in the layer window?

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
NeuTechFLA  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:19:06 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Upon further observation I have noticed two things. When Shark is first launched the scroll wheel will not operate within the layers area unless a layer is first selected for renaming and then deselected, regardless whether the Concept Explorer window is "activated" by clicking in the top blue header bar, the area with the words Concept Explorer. The second observation is after method 1 just described has been completed the scroll wheel will work every time the Concept Explorer window is "activated" by first clicking in the top blue header bar.

I personally have the Concept Explorer always present upon launching Shark and I have it dragged wider than default by about 40%. I am not sure what you mean by primary and secondary layers. But, I have been working with a model that has 9 parts each with a Solid geometry layer and sketch sub-layer. Yes, the scroll bar is always present on mine.
NeuTechFLA  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:51:21 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Also, is there a way to select multiple layer items? In other words, I want to select 7 "layers" within the layer tree by clicking the first, then scroll to the seventh and have the system "know" to grab the layers in between inclusively. Is this possible?

I guess I would like to know if this is possible in the "Entities" tree as well.
jdi000  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 9:08:31 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Also, is there a way to select multiple layer items? In other words, I want to select 7 "layers" within the layer tree by clicking the first, then scroll to the seventh and have the system "know" to grab the layers in between inclusively. Is this possible?

I guess I would like to know if this is possible in the "Entities" tree as well.

Hello

The selection for layers and entities is a single selection at a time.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
UGMENTALCASE  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 12:48:12 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Upon further observation I have noticed two things. When Shark is first launched the scroll wheel will not operate within the layers area unless a layer is first selected for renaming and then deselected, regardless whether the Concept Explorer window is "activated" by clicking in the top blue header bar, the area with the words Concept Explorer. The second observation is after method 1 just described has been completed the scroll wheel will work every time the Concept Explorer window is "activated" by first clicking in the top blue header bar.

This is the same for me. I've just tried it. I have mine shown but collapsed to the top. For the purpose of this I unselected the collapse to top, and tried the rename thing, and then it started scrolling.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 3, 2018 12:49:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdi000  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:03:32 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Strange, I can scroll with center mouse wheel anytime in a SharkCAD and ViaCAD file. When first opening it works. Mine scrolls even if I do not click on the concept explorer title bar. If I do click on the title bar the tab title gets highlighted but either case scrolls fine without having to do anything. I have a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, Win 10.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
NeuTechFLA  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:09:28 AM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

I have a wired Logitech keyboard and wireless M310 Logitech mouse.