logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
edgemitchell  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 2:56:51 PM(UTC)
edgemitchell

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,

Ever since I tried ViaCad 2D3D V.9 I have been unable to arrive at a suitably crisp viewing of my drawings. In 2D3D v.8, everything was rosy. 2D3D v.9 the image gets coarse and blurry when I zoom out. I just foolishly bought 2D v.10 hoping it would solve some other problems I am having (multiple duplicate lines, undetectable in ViaCAD, exported to .PDF which then reveal themselves when laser cutting) but this line resolution issue, which exists in 2D v.10 also, is REALLY bugging me. Here's two screen shots to illustrate the issue:
edgemitchell attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 3.47.47 PM.png (261kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 3.46.05 PM.png (152kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
edgemitchell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:05:09 PM(UTC)
edgemitchell

I realize these screen captures don't really get the issue across very well, but you can see the left hand image is much darker, with considerably less resolution. The right hand image comes up very clear--sure, there's some pixellation on curves and angles, but the line weights are finer and everything is much more crisp. Any thoughts? Thanks...
edgemitchell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:01:40 PM(UTC)
edgemitchell

I should also add that the on-screen line weight / resolution issues do not seem to translate to the printer output, which looks fine...

Jolyon  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:14:04 PM(UTC)
Jolyon

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hi Edgemitchell

Are you sure the difference is not just ...

View>Shade Options>Antialiasing off/on

Jol
Jolyon  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:17:43 PM(UTC)
Jolyon

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
PowerPack > Modify > Remove Duplicates

... I never tried it : )
jdi000  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:48:29 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: edgemitchell Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Ever since I tried ViaCad 2D3D V.9 I have been unable to arrive at a suitably crisp viewing of my drawings. In 2D3D v.8, everything was rosy. 2D3D v.9 the image gets coarse and blurry when I zoom out. I just foolishly bought 2D v.10 hoping it would solve some other problems I am having (multiple duplicate lines, undetectable in ViaCAD, exported to .PDF which then reveal themselves when laser cutting) but this line resolution issue, which exists in 2D v.10 also, is REALLY bugging me. Here's two screen shots to illustrate the issue:

Hello edgemitchell,

1. You can ctrl A to select all and goto to edit -> change resolution and check the even distribution box

2.Check preferences display tab - pen weights 3 diff settings off, display as printed and view scaled. off shows very thin lines, display as printed will display based on the pen weights of each line, and view scaled will chane line thickness based on zoom. For line drawings I prefer display weight off.

3. as Jol mentioned - view shade options check anti alias

Can you create and post a sample file. We can look into the duplicate lines and see what is creating them.

Regards

Jason
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
shadeop.PNG (9kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10