logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Welshter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:02:20 AM(UTC)
Welshter

I went to the PunchCAD web site and clicked on the ViaCAD Pro10 tab. I entered my serial number for version 9 to see what the upgrade options are and I got a message that said there are no upgrade options. Is that true? Thank you.
MPSchmied  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 7:26:51 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Maybe this is only for people from the USA. I tested this by myself with the same result. The Distributor in your country have maybe good upgrade options for you.
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
MaiFy  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 9:10:34 PM(UTC)
MaiFy

Australia

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I have had the same response, so I emailed (order support) with my existing serial key number and they said I needed a Product number.
I still don't know where to find the product number(I would think it should be under the help menu, but it just shows "Help" and "About" Which doesn't seem to work.

The tech support guy helpfully responded with the following advice.

The number your using is not a products serial number, but a serial key used to simply activate your software and therefore its not in the format known to the site for upgrade purposes. If you are interested in upgrading to SharkCAD PRO v10 please use SFX#da de da de da 000

It could be an area that Punch could look at, where under the help menu they have a link with upgrade paths and pricing options. (It is probably a bit hard to manage all the variations)

So anyway I would just email support like I did and see what they say
:-)

Edited by user Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:02:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: wording clarification