logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidframe  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:32:34 PM(UTC)
davidframe

I'm new to ViaCAD 2D v10 and drawing in general. I have found this software very easy to learn and use, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how or why Fill on one layer covers parts(but in some cases not all) of drawings in other layers. I have moved my FILL layer up and down from top to bottom in the layer list and nothing changes. Is there a way to either put my FILL layer on bottom and draw on top of it...or, make the FILL object/layer transparent?

I tried HATCHING and got the same results.

Thanks,
David
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:39:44 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: davidframe Go to Quoted Post
I'm new to ViaCAD 2D v10 and drawing in general.how or why Fill on one layer covers parts(but in some cases not all) of drawings in other layers. I have moved my FILL layer up and down from top to bottom in the layer list and nothing changes. Is there a way to either put my FILL layer on bottom and draw on top of it...or, make the FILL object/layer transparent?

I tried HATCHING and got the same results.

Thanks,
David

Hello David

Have you tried the arrange option in the edit menu? The overlapping objects are not control by position of the layers in the layer list for there visual depth position on the screen. In the arrange menu you can move an object front or back or send to front or back. Post some pics or a sample file if the arrange doesn't work for your specifics. Are you doing lines text on solid fills or multiple fills on top of another? etc. With solids i found using bring forward or send backwards work the best

Regards

Jason

Edited by user Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:42:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: TYPO

Windows 11, 10
thanks 1 user thanked jdi000 for this useful post.
davidframe on 10/12/2017(UTC)