logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flatpack  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 6:18:54 PM(UTC)
flatpack

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I've noticed with my new copy of VC 10 Pro (OS 10.12.6) that whenever I save (simple geometry even), the colorful progress wheel spins for an abnormally long time (10-20 s) than when I used Shark LT 9.

Could this be a memory issue? I only have 8 GB RAM but Shark was flying thru the same or more complex saves..

Thanks!
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:58:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I'm guessing it's the same code base, so it's likely the same.
On Shark9 and releases prior, I also see far too much of the colored spinner, even on a high end Mac with maxram
If I read about the colored cursor, I'm led to believe it's a memory issue, but as I have no other app that does it even near to this extent, I'm inclined to believe there is a bottleneck that sorely needs addressing
It would be interesting to know if there's a Windows slowdown at the same points? A head to head would be telling
Could it be some forgotten outdated framework lurks beneath the Mac version, is this possible?
flatpack  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:26:38 AM(UTC)
flatpack

Agreed – I have not noticed this problem with any other mac app either. Its quite frustrating having this unnatural time lag when saving, but I guess I can deal with it – for NOW. :)

On the bright side I noticed that flattening drawings does not seem to get all screwed up with hidden-lines scattered all over the page – like it used to on older versions of Shark.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:05:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
There is a bug in the newer build, however there is a temporary work around until they can add the fix to the next update.
In the ViaCAD pull down menu select preferences and then the filing category.  Disable saving preview image.
This will stop the delay on saving when a solid is involved.
thanks 1 user thanked Guest for this useful post.
flatpack on 9/21/2017(UTC)
flatpack  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:58:15 AM(UTC)
flatpack

Problem solved!

Thank you.