logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Trendstyle Design  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:15:51 PM(UTC)
Trendstyle Design

Man
Australia

Does anyone use ViaCAD for Architecture ?
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 12:17:09 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
User francois charron has posted some nice architectural images created with ViaCAD/Shark (but rendered with a 3rd party app).

http://forum.punchcad.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4556#post12151
Tim

Edited by user Sunday, September 10, 2017 12:19:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
amigadon  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 5:04:14 PM(UTC)
amigadon

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Trendstyle Design Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone use ViaCAD for Architecture ?[/quote I am a handy man and I have been trying to use it to design small projects but it seems to be real buggy! today i was designing a wall with a sliding glass door to fill in where a garage door was, having trouble with the measurements, if I add more than one vertical measurement the digits in the last measurement disappear. The only way you can print is to use a screen grabber or export the project as a picture file and then print that.It was a couple of months ago that I sent in that printing bug It was confirmed by a teck.I don't think the are working on the program much, I have ViaCAD pro.i HAVE BEEN USING THE 3/d and I was able to to build 2x4 objects and place them in the wall but if you move then around in the front view they some times move back on the the third axis.

I have Punch Architectural Series 19 but there is no way to manipulate individual studs and it's material list don't give you any of the hardware such as joist hangers, hurricane hangers plumbing etc.. I have upgraded ViaCAD three times and the last time I think I paid $249.00 I really thought I would get a program that was pretty much functional and useful, it is more like a shareware program that you make $10.00 or $20.00 donations for the next up grade. we should only have to pay for an upgrade if all of the existing functions are already working and the have added new functions and they should not add new functions unless the existing functions This may be my last upgrade
thanks 1 user thanked amigadon for this useful post.
Trendstyle Design on 10/2/2017(UTC)
Trendstyle Design  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 5:16:38 PM(UTC)
Trendstyle Design

Man
Australia

Yeah I agree looks like it can do it but becomes buggy when you get to complicated items like a full house design and schematics etccc
zircon  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 12:34:15 PM(UTC)
zircon

Japan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Trendstyle Design Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone use ViaCAD for Architecture ?

I do—but mainly for 2D drawings. In my environment rendering 3D models quickly becomes too slow as I add detail, so I only use them when I absolutely need to.
In any case 2D drawings are usually enough to get the work done.
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
1.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OSX 10.11.6(Japanese)
SharkCad Pro v10.0.0 (1335)