logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike Kalbfleisch  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 12:39:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Using Punch! ViaCAD Pro 8 and CorelDraw 7 I used to create simple isometric drawings for instructions of some of my products. I would select an object view such as isometric,select the "display hidden line" and export to .eps and then import the .eps into CorelDraw. CorelDraw would import it with all the hidden lines not visible and I could edit the object, scale it, change line weights, etc. Now with ViaCAD Pro 10 and CorelDraw X8 no matter what I try all the lines are visible, the only way to get rid of the hidden lines is to delete them, which for complex parts could take days.
Any ideas on how I can fix this or work around it?
HDSC2D  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 1:02:16 PM(UTC)
HDSC2D

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry the above post is mine. I had to log in as a guest until I remembered my password.
horst.w  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 1:11:51 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Do You have tried to put the lines to hidden in different layers to the objects and hide the complete layer in the ConceptExplorer?
So I do with construction lines, because the construction-layer will not be stored when closing the program.

regards
horst.w, GER
ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
jdi000  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 2:30:10 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Using Punch! ViaCAD Pro 8 and CorelDraw 7 I used to create simple isometric drawings for instructions of some of my products. I would select an object view such as isometric,select the "display hidden line" and export to .eps and then import the .eps into CorelDraw. CorelDraw would import it with all the hidden lines not visible and I could edit the object, scale it, change line weights, etc. Now with ViaCAD Pro 10 and CorelDraw X8 no matter what I try all the lines are visible, the only way to get rid of the hidden lines is to delete them, which for complex parts could take days.

Mike

Could you use the model to sheet or single draw view and turn off hidden lines.flatten the dtaw view and then export as.eps

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
Tim Olson  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:40:09 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Many thanks for the heads up, repeated, found and fixed. This will be corrected in the 1352 builds.

Doing a model to sheet as Jason mentioned should produce your hidden eps file.

Tim

Edited by user Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:49:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
#6 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 4:07:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jdi000 Go to Quoted Post

Mike

Could you use the model to sheet or single draw view and turn off hidden lines.flatten the dtaw view and then export as.eps

Regards

Jason

I tried that too, no joy. Another issue with model to sheet (and I know its probably something I'm doing wrong) is sometimes it will model it with 3 views with an isometric drawing and sometimes with just one view of the part. Also Model to Sheet will tell me that parts are in multiple layers, however the "change layer" is greyed out and doesn't work.
HDSC2D  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 4:11:59 PM(UTC)
HDSC2D

Originally Posted by: jdi000 Go to Quoted Post

Mike

Regards

Jason

Yea I tried that, no luck. Also when I use "Model to Sheet" sometimes the part is shown in three views with an isometric view included, sometimes its just one view of the part (it's probably something I'm doing wrong). "Model to Sheet" will also tell me that parts are in multiple layers, however the "Change layer" is greyed out and will not work.
HDSC2D  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 4:29:53 PM(UTC)
HDSC2D

Just to give everybody an idea of what I'm talking about I have included a set of instructions that I created using the methods that used to work. It was extremely quick and easy to create line drawings and include text, photo's, callouts, etc. in CorelDraw and then export it to PDF. The line drawings and simple diagrams made for a small file size PDF. As you can see from the grates if all the lines were visible, trying to delete all the unnecessary would take forever.
File Attachment(s):
Sdkfz instructions.pdf (496kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 8:44:06 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)

If you have a chance please download the 1351 ViaCAD Pro beta to confirm this is working as it used to work.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
HDSC2D  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2017 8:32:24 AM(UTC)
HDSC2D

Thanks Tim,
I'll give that a try.
Mike
HDSC2D  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 11:13:09 AM(UTC)
HDSC2D

Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post

If you have a chance please download the 1351 ViaCAD Pro beta to confirm this is working as it used to work.

Tim

I finally got around to downloading the latest build on both my Windows and Mac versions of viaCAD. The windows version works perfectly and I can import .eps drawings into CorelDraw from exported .eps viaCAD files as I used to do before. The Mac sort of works. When I import .eps files to a third party vector program such as Affinity designer that were exported as .eps on the Mac in viaCAD, the hidden lines are no longer visible but only a corner of the object imports for some reason. I've tried different views, zooming in and out, changing paper sizes, etc and still just a part of the object imports. It's not a big deal for me since I want to use CorelDraw for my instruction sheets and graphics anyway and as I said it works fine now. Also the .eps files exported in the mac viaCAD work import into the PC CorelDraw fine as well so it could just be an issue with the Mac vector programs.
File Attachment(s):
Test.pdf (102kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.