logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m.marino  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 3:59:05 AM(UTC)
m.marino

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim and crew,

I am using Shark v10 Pro with PowerPack. I am running up against the 3000 facet limit regularly with models that I am getting. I need to be able to convert them into solids as that saves a huge amount of time in doing need changes to the item and keeps my time down. Some of my small models are over 4k facets. Is there a way to get this done? Thanks in advance for any help in getting this resolved as it will help business a lot.

Michael
SharkCAD Pro v10 w/ PowerPack Pro
Lenovo D20 2x E5620 w/ 64GB RAM, Nvidia 1060
MM0MSU

Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 11:47:55 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
We licensed some technology from IntegrityWare, combined with some tools of ACIS, and put into PowerPack Pro to help with this task.

Check out the Mesh to Analytic video below.
Converts a STL file into a precise solid with simplified components suitable for solid modeling operations and editing.
http://www.masterviacad.com/videos/ppvideos/ppvideos.html

We have another beta build 1351 coming out tonight if you want to see if it works with your files.

More info here...

Tim

Edited by user Friday, September 8, 2017 11:51:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 3:27:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Tim,

I tried convert analytical and that tried but was unable to convert. If you want i can send a copy of the .stl to you folks to try as it could be considered a complex form due to the amount of angled surfaces and other items. Please let me know. I will try the newest beta and see how that goes.

best regards,

Michael
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 3:58:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Tim,

Update: WIP1350 is able to handle the model and converted rather cleanly. You just saved me a bunch of time and money, Thanks.

Michael

UPDATE: Spoke to soon did not on first 2 attempts convert to analytical. Trying to reduce to number of tri's and adding quads to see if that will allow a transfer to analytical.

Tim converting to quads made no change and still not getting an analytical out of the mesh. it is not giving me a failed to convert message but also not giving me a solid either.

Hope this information helps. if you need a copy of the file to try from your end please let me know.

Michael

Edited by user Saturday, September 9, 2017 4:31:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified