logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MPSchmied  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2017 8:57:48 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
The snapping of hidden points are sometimes really annoying, and imo are this kind of snap absolutely not needed for making a good construction. Also when i am on a parallel view like Front, Top, Left, i want that the program only snap the the points which are on top when some points are in a invisible line. But it dont work, it snap invisible points and the line go wrong through the space, this is annoying.

Edited by user Sunday, April 9, 2017 11:43:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 12:57:31 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)

Is it possible to provide an example of an invisible snap? If it is a center point, you can turn off centers with the Snap filters.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
MPSchmied  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 1:32:18 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
The global removing of snaps is not a good idea, I need all the snaps always on and have no problems with in a 2D-Software. But in 3D is there no real flat working plane and it should be possible to ignore some objects which are hidden by other objects. I dont mean the automatic helplines and helppoints, i mean just hidden objects.

Maybe its not easy to realize, but the following things will be nice:

Select only visible objects which are in the foreground and visible with the eyes of the user.

Snap only visible points and helppoints and create only automatic helplines when the objects are visible by the user. When some points or helppoints are perpendicular to the screen, select and snap only the point which are in front and not a point from the invisible background.

This filter should only be enabled when the user the display with shading or without hidden lines have. This is just a working in the visible area. When need selecting points from the invisible area, just display all as wireframe and go in a dynamic view. When in a ortho-view some points are perpendicular to the screen it should be only possible to select the one which are in top of all, because all other behind of them are not visible by the user.

Edited by user Monday, April 10, 2017 1:36:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 1:48:19 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Ok I now understand. That does seem to be more intuitive than showing a snap from an occluded object in shaded/hidden modes.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
horst.w  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 2:00:03 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I think in WireFrame-View all hidden points are exactly to identify.

H.

horst.w attached the following image(s):
Shading.jpg (51kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Wireframe.jpg (56kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
rokoko  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 3:12:34 PM(UTC)
rokoko

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 45 post(s)
another technique could be the use of "select mask" in menu -> window -> select mask.

you can exclude specific entity types from snap response by "select mask"
viacad pro 10 powerpackpro, viacad pro 9 german, mac
thanks 1 user thanked rokoko for this useful post.
MPSchmied on 4/29/2017(UTC)