logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chris552  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 5:49:38 PM(UTC)
chris552

Hi,

I bought ViaCAD V6 several years ago for my Windows Vista computer. I have recently bought a new computer and now have Windows 10, so my old V6 is no longer useable.

I want to buy the latest version, but I had an issue with the V6 3D functions, and I wonder if this particular function has been improved since then.

Basically, my problem was with the use of the Flip and Rotate functions. It seems when I was looking at my image on a particular axis, and simply wanted to flip my image on that axis, using the flip function actually did something different. When I activated the flip command, the image flipped, but also rotated, as if it had ben told to simply invert, instead of actually flipping. I learned how to draw 3D on autoCad, and I clearly recall that it had intuitive Flip, and Rotate functions that actually put the object in the position you would expect it to be. The ViaCad V6 flip and Rotate functions however, seemed to have a very limited ability to get the image reliably in the position I wanted it.

My conclusion is that the Flip and Rotate functions in the ViaCad V6 were written with a simpler/shorter code than the AutoCAD ones, and I'm curious if this was noticed in the V6 by anyone else, and possibly improved in the newer versions.

I liked the program, other than that one detail, and would buy from Punch again if it has ben improved.

Thanks,

Chris

Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 6:47:11 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum! You might want to download the trial and check. The trial download is:

http://www.punchcad.com/trial.aspx

If the issue still persists, post an example file for us to check.

Regards

Tim

Edited by user Monday, February 20, 2017 8:09:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore