logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
creativecad  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2017 9:38:04 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I really wish that the ordinate dimensioning tool had some flexibility. I cannot move the text around without changing the dimension. It would be nice if arrows were an option and the ability to jog the text over. Here is an example:
stringer picture showing ordinate dimensions

Can you create an option to white out the background behind text, dimension text, and leader text? Maybe an option in the inspector. AutoCAD has a command called wipeout to do this which creates a white background that you arrange it to put it behind the text, but I would rather have an option for each text in the inspector if possible. I tried to do this different ways on my plot layout by creating a surface and arranging it behind the text and that did not work. Then I tried to trim the lines behind the text. That ended up erasing the parts in my 3d model.

One more thing, on my plot page when I first create the dimensions it is perfect, but if I try to change the dimension style for one of the dimensions, it resizes my text and arrows to model space size instead of my paper space size. This becomes pretty annoying.

BTW, love the layer organization in concept explorer, the model to sheet tools, and your programs graphics capabilities.

Thanks

Edited by user Sunday, January 1, 2017 9:52:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: picture was too large

File Attachment(s):
stringer example.pdf (32kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.