logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BillB  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 3:25:46 AM(UTC)
BillB

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I've been aware for some time that the STL export from ViaCAD v9 was not as robust as that from v8. This usually shows up as large numbers of holes when I run the STL file in repair software. It is is also clear that VC is ignoring the settings in the STL dialog on some faces, some times many faces. However with last drawing I converted the number of errors was in region of 10,000. If I exported STLs of individual elements to multiple files then each file was more of less free of errors. When I exported the file as a single object there was always the large numbers of error. This happened whether the elements were added together or separate.

I'm using 'topescope, Nefabb and Meshmixer to check the STLs and they all give the similar results.

Bill Bedford

Viacad Pro 11 (11417)

OS X 10.13.6
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 11:07:47 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Bill

I'm not aware of issues with STL so would it be possible to private email me the specific ViaCAD file just before you save to STL? I have some tools to detect holes and gaps that I would like to compare with NetFab.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore