logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 3:19:39 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I made sure that both VCP 7 856 and VC 2D/3D 7 Trial have the same settings for shading and resolution quality.

In VCP, center-clicking the mouse and panning is instant, swift, and smooth. In VC 2D/3D 7 Trial, it is very laggy, and when it moves, it jumps past my eye-hand-intended stop point. I have both VCP and VC 2D/3D open. Maybe there's something in the file that VCP put that VC 2D/3D 7 Trial doesn't like? ACIS SAT saved at some 18 MB, so....

Feel free to use this model pretty much any way you want (except you cannot ever claim it's yours, cuz ... (in the voice of Lost's Bad Robot and other shows' credits... (what, X-Files?) "I made this"...

The model is a portion of one of my previous hulls. My current hull is better-faired and some deck adjustments were made, so this attached model is not something i'm toooo worried about sharing.

It's 9.3 MB, barely squeaking by the file size limit.

At 20.5 to 32.6 KB via my wireless card, this is irritatingly slow. Too bad Korea Telecom and WiBro aren't here instead of WiMax and 3G wireless. Something is messing with my speeds and i don't think it's just my firewall...

WHAT???

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

And it just SAT THERE for 5 minutes not even giving feedback until i hit browse to a file?

Well, i cannot upload the file. The website admin should have 2 emails from me by now....
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:03:15 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I got better rotation results (earlier i mis-typed panning when i meant rotating by mouse middle button) when from VCP 6 i saved the .vcp file as .dxf, then imported that into VC 2D/3D Trial, but then some of the solids went black (visible shade). But, the model rotated/swiveled blazingly fast as in VCP. So, something in VCP that doesn't adversely affect VCP is coming across in the file and making VC 2D/3D Trial go sluggggggishly slow. This is even after i exported only some 4 MB (vs all 9.5) of the file.

I LIKE the icons previews that are associated with shortcuts.

The Inspector needs to be stretchable in the left/right directions. It's excruciatingly frustrating to hazard about on which layer one's operating when many sublayers when layer names are long and share the first 10 or 15 characters. Please rectify that, or add (or remind me of?) a "cross-linking" between Concept Explorer, Layer Filter, and Inspector/Layer Manager.
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:30:43 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>>It's 9.3 MB, barely squeaking by the file size limit.

Try zipping and uploading again. File sizes have increased. If it does not upload private email so that we can compare.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore