logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rjs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:58:30 AM(UTC)
rjs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am using ViaCAD Pro 9 on a Windows 8.1 PC and I am trying to find how to get back to the entry fields for the X, Y and Z coords and the Length, Width and Height. It seems like once start moving or editing an object some of all of the fields disappear.

For example I draw a 20, 20, 20mm cube at 0, 0, 0. Right after I create the cube I can enter values for the X, Y, Z Length, Width and Height, however, once I click on the selection pointer the X, Y and Z coordinates are no longer showing in the entry area. Then if I edit the object (blend an edge or something) I cannot seem to get to these fields again. The gripper only shows relative positions and degrees of rotation.

I have tried using the PercisionPoint to move objects but it does not seem to do anything.

How do I get these fields back in the entry area (middle area near the top of the screen)? Is there a panel or something where I can edit these or at least view them?

Thanks!
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:10:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
hi, check menu windows -> inspector to get more info and editing for selected objects
rjs  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:04:44 PM(UTC)
rjs

Thanks and I do use that tool. The problem is that after I edit and / or move an object a few times the Inspector and the entry area no longer show the coordinates and / or the dimensions. It seems to work little better for spears but not for cubes.

Perhaps I am not asking the question correctly.

For example, after creating a cube and clicking on the select pointer how do I enter the coordinates for the cube? Let's say I want a 5 x 5 x 5 cube to to be centered at 12.0, 5.3, 1.1. Where / how do I enter those coordinates so that the cube will be centered at those coordinates?

Thanks!!!

Randy
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:06:23 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Randy

Try selecting the part and displaying Windows: Concept Explorer. Select on the feature operation you want to edit. The inspector and data entry window will update. In my example you can edit the following operations:

Original Block
Fillet 1
Fillet 2
Fillet 3
Fillet 4
Translate
Shell

You may need to use the ViaCAD Pro links I sent. The Trial Encore has is rather old and I've asked them to update.

Tim

Edited by user Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:09:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson attached the following image(s):
editTree.png (151kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
rjs  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:38:15 PM(UTC)
rjs

Tim,

Thank for that! I was not sure what that was for but it appears to be very powerful!

Is there a way to increase the number changes that is allow you to go back through?

Randy