logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CobraJet390  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:00:42 AM(UTC)
CobraJet390

After spending time reading the manual and looking at the tutorials I think I've finally have a handle on creating 2D sheets from 3D models for documenting my design. Using Concept Explorer I can even switch readily bewteen the sheet and model views. However, when I change a feature on the 3D model I don't see the 2D sheet drawing gettig updated ? Is there a refresh command that I need to do ?
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 10:52:53 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>>Is there a refresh command that I need to do ?

It should automatically regenerate unless you have AutoRegens turned off or set manual regens in your draw views.

If there is anything left to Regen you should be able to manually regen using Edit: Resolve Links

Here is a video I made for using the model to sheet tools.

http://www.csi-concepts.com/Demo/videos/ModelToSheet.mp4

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
workshopswarf  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 12:01:35 PM(UTC)
workshopswarf

Where is the AutoRegen option? I see Regen Manually in the properties but not Auto Regen I am using v8 viacad.
I had trouble getting a phong or Gourand to display on my model to sheet until I discovered switching to 3D and then back to 2D produced this. I cannot see this mentioned anywhere in any guides so may be help to others.
I have also found doing this helps recover the 3D model used to produce the model to sheet drawing.
jdi000  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 7:22:51 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: workshopswarf Go to Quoted Post
Where is the AutoRegen option?

In the preferences is Auto Resolve. File -> Preferences

Originally Posted by: workshopswarf Go to Quoted Post
I have also found doing this helps recover the 3D model used to produce the model to sheet drawing.

The 3d model is still there after model to sheet. The layers the model are on are just not displayed. In Concept explorer turn the layers back on after model to sheet.

Regards

Jason
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
pref.PNG (12kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
workshopswarf  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:56:05 AM(UTC)
workshopswarf

I see the Enable auto resolve now Jason and it was, and still is, enabled but to get a M to sheet drawing to update after making changes to the model i still have to use edit>auto resolve. Not really a problem but should not have to do this.
kipper2kk  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 5:39:25 PM(UTC)
kipper2kk

i changed the size of the object in 2d and the model does not update in 3d, the autoregen is on, i have shut down, restarted, factory defaulted, slapped the monitor and renamed the file outside of the software to try to force a regen but nothing,... help please, software is pretty well unusable for me if this continues as it is killing my time
jdi000  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 12:40:13 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kipper2kk Go to Quoted Post
i changed the size of the object in 2d and the model does not update in 3d, the autoregen is on, i have shut down, restarted, factory defaulted, slapped the monitor and renamed the file outside of the software to try to force a regen but nothing,... help please, software is pretty well unusable for me if this continues as it is killing my time

Did you flatten the draw view? What objects in the 2d view did you change?

Regards

Jason

Windows 11, 10