logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WmH  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2007 7:42:35 AM(UTC)
WmH

I just recently tried to use the dimension tools. The dimension settings (including text) don't seem to respect the drawing scale . Can't find anything in the manual or the video tuts (in sheet scale or dim), am I missing something (like a checkbox somewhere)?

EDIT: Typo, the title was supposed to be ..."text and dim scale"...
Birger  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:38:10 AM(UTC)
Birger

Man
Norway

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I dont know anything about Viacad, but it is still a case for CU of metric SI units not beeing supported / handled as should be compared to "inches" and american units. Maybe this is an example of that....
WmH  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:03:40 PM(UTC)
WmH

Birger wrote:
I dont know anything about Viacad, but it is still a case for CU of metric SI units not beeing supported / handled as should be compared to "inches" and american units. Maybe this is an example of that....

Thanks, but this is just a case of when you set a sheet scale (to print) the text size (and dim arrow & witness setbacks, ect) should be drawn to respect the scale.

IOW... if I set a drawing for say 1/4"=1' (AIA architectural scale) and then dimension a line, if the text is set for 1/4" (or 18 points) the text should be sized to be 1/4" when printed (not at an actual 1/4" on the drawing). Every CAD package I am aware of does this (most will even (optionally) dynamically resize the text, arrows and witness set-backs when the drawing scale is changed and or allow for multiple text sizes based on multiple drawing scales; like the case where the same drawing geometry is referenced from a plan, for a detail)

My text (and witness setbacks, arrows, ect) are being drawn in actual units. Am I missing something?