logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zimm2k  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 4:52:51 PM(UTC)
Zimm2k

I have upgraded to Shark FX V7 build 929. I was using V5.5 for a short time.

It seems that now I can only have 1 or 2 files open at a time. When I open a file most of the time the file I was working on closes without warning. I've looked and do not see any limitations. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Tom
Vista
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 8:44:13 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Tom

There is no limit to the number of files you can open. How large are the files (there is a memory limit).

Would like to try the 946 build? If so, private email me at [email protected]. The SP1 pre release installs into another folder so you will not lose your 929 build.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
mlochala  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:22:51 AM(UTC)
mlochala

I had some similar issues with VC7 prior to Service Pack 945. Sometimes when opening more than one file, the program would get very, very slow and sometimes almost unresponsive. Usually, I would have to close the program and start again.

With 945, however, it's running much better. I don't know what you did, but I like it.
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:17:41 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mlochala Go to Quoted Post
I had some similar issues with VC7 prior to Service Pack 945. Sometimes when opening more than one file, the program would get very, very slow and sometimes almost unresponsive. Usually, I would have to close the program and start again.

With 945, however, it's running much better. I don't know what you did, but I like it.

Offhand I'm not sure what we did regarding that issue. But we've addressed 80 issues and SP1 is looking pretty good. We're currently looking to bump up the ACIS version to get access to some Spatial improvements (kernel fixes, Wildfire 5 support, Inventor 2011 support, and some Catia v5 fixes).

I would be interested to know if the 946 fixes the problem.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Zimm2k  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:12:25 AM(UTC)
Zimm2k

I have been able to work around the problem for now. It is not consistant and I have yet to find a pattern. Occasionally I can get two or more to stay open. I have 2G of memory installed, Vista SP2, Athlon Dual Core TK-55 1.8.

They also all seem to open minimized now that I have version 7. I had to look around the first time and have not been able to "fix" that but it is not much of a concern.

Yes I'll try the latest build and do like version 7. Most of my work is in sheet metal and I am feeling my way around how best to do the SM parts but I am making progress in getting to know Shark FX.

Tom