logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steve.M  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 11:12:47 AM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well, I thought I would try and use VC pro for some solid modeling as trying to build surfaces in VC is a bit of a joke :mad:

Anyway, nothing but problems. I could not understand the continuous error/violation popups and thought it may be me and I had got some input that is 8 decimal places out of position :rolleyes: so I went back to basics.

I created a circle 100 dia, then a cylinder primitive PI*100 long / 20 dia.
Attempted to curve bend the cylinder around the circle and given error "Access violation"(pic1)
I reduced the cylinder to 10 dia, attempted again and got error "Unexpected system exception"(pic02)
I attempted to reduce the cylinder in dia again and VC pro crashed(pic03)

This is very tiresome.:mad:
Steve.M attached the following image(s):
Violation.png (6kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
exception.png (6kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
crash.png (11kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 1:56:59 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Repeats here as well. Seems related to the profile being a closed circle, perhaps periodic is the issue. Closed spline ok, arc 359 degree arc ok. Will need to report to Spatial.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Steve.M  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 2:04:07 PM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post
Repeats here as well. Seems related to the profile being a closed circle, perhaps periodic is the issue. Closed spline ok, arc 359 degree arc ok. Will need to report to Spatial.

Tim

If it was a problem with the closed circle profile then the same error would show when a elongated block was used instead of the cylinder, which it does not.
ZeroLengthCurve  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:33:48 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I experience repeatable crashes of VCP when i try to split a joined surfaces with a tangent curve running through each surface. I will post the file today, I hope.

(But, it is definitely repeatable. Enough that now it's almost ingrained in my soul to never do that again when i have more than one file open and worked without manual saves. Save, and save often, hehehe (not just applies to VCP, but to doing just about anything on a computer, but for me, more with win than Linux....)