logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
unique  
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 12:15:20 PM(UTC)
unique

Quote:
We do, most certainly, but I think it's gonna have to be one thing at a time, because I thought one of the next things to do is to take a look at the history tree?

In that case, please do post on a seperate topic so that we can all comment and see your point ??

--Paul--
ttrw  
#22 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 2:45:39 PM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Paul, if you look in the beta and suggestion archives, you will find that we have already been doing that. :) Jol started this one and a couple more (or so). I also chimed in on starting another;

http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=1128

http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=1133

http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=1134

http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=1202

There are more if you delve deeper. Instead of burying everything by starting a new thread, wouldn't it be better to start from these?

Tom :)
jol  
#23 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 3:02:57 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm hoping that since Tim's laid the ground work for much better OpenGL with VC6 .. OpenGL zebras and reflections won't be too much of a stretch
unique  
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 3:13:59 PM(UTC)
unique

Tom,

Quote:
There are more if you delve deeper. Instead of burying everything by starting a new thread, wouldn't it be better to start from these?

Normally yes....but this thread on ZEBRA has not been mentioned before has it ??

Besides I do not see any comments from Punch or the devleopers on any of these comments so how is progress made incidentally :confused:
jol  
#25 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 3:18:09 PM(UTC)
jol

Paul .. it has been brought up before many times - but not recently - and perhaps not so pointedly

So it's a good thing as we're all agreed - it really does need some love !
ttrw  
#26 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 5:43:46 PM(UTC)
ttrw

unique wrote:

Besides I do not see any comments from Punch or the devleopers on any of these comments so how is progress made incidentally :confused:

From my experience, and I've been playing with this software for about 3 years now (while doing my dissertation), Tim does come through and explain what is happening, and in great detail too (again, look in the archives). Also, from what I can work out, Tim seems to be very much a 'cottage industry', especially when you compare what he is doing alone in the shadow of companies such as Solidworks and Rhino- who are really big companies and have many employees worldwide writing and developing the code.

I'm pleased Tim doesn't always appear chatting at all times, because he's away where he likes to be the most- writing the code, and that's a good thing in my books. So lets leave him there yes? :D
ttrw  
#27 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 5:44:51 PM(UTC)
ttrw

jol wrote:
Paul .. it has been brought up before many times - but not recently - and perhaps not so pointedly

So it's a good thing as we're all agreed - it really does need some love !

Too right! :D
ttrw  
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2008 3:30:25 AM(UTC)
ttrw

jol wrote:
I'm hoping that since Tim's laid the ground work for much better OpenGL with VC6 ..

This is one of these times when I say- "Tim, I must say, that the models are looking really good in this latest build", which Tim replies; "Hi Tom. Nothing in the display has been changed yet in b787".

But it does look better! Am I dreaming? :eek:
Steve.M  
#29 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:41:34 AM(UTC)
Steve.M

I was hoping for some feedback from the developers on this subject.

Even if I was to find it acceptable with the very slow (just about unusable display time) feedback, I cannot see how the results from the zebra are even close to being correct.

A simple check, I just boolean union a cylinder and a sphere (pic cylinder_sphere)), I did that in both Shark and Rhino.
In Rhino, after the boolean I made zebra which shows the tangency (pic tan_zebra_rhino), in Shark the result shows either bad errors in the surface or bad zebra (pic tan_zebra_shark)

Some explanation of these results would be of interest.

Regards,
Steve.M attached the following image(s):
cylinder_sphere.jpg (10kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
tan_zebra_Rhino.jpg (16kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
tan_zebra_Shark.jpg (17kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.