logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtaylor  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 1:20:03 PM(UTC)
rtaylor

The deep select tool as I understand it should let me adjust one end of a line while the other end stays stationary in a very simple application. I do not see any difference between it and the black arrow tool except that the ends of the line have handles on them. when you select a handle...the whole line still moves as one entity. Is this a bug in ViaCad V7 or what am I doing wrong
Jean-Francois Jacques  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 12:56:50 PM(UTC)
Jean-Francois Jacques

Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
It's a short cut of the Deep Tool. With the black arrow drag from the left to the right and right to the left. You will see the difference!
METEORE DESIGN / KEKO Stand
Jean-Francois Jacques, Industrial Designer
SharkCad Pro V14 B1653
Platform macOS 14 Sonoma
jdi000  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 6:31:26 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
The deep select tool does not work the same from v6 to v7. If a entity is selected with deep select it changes to selection color and displays/turns on the control points you can then pick any point and move in version 6 but in version 7 the whole object moves not individual points

Regards
Jason
Windows 11, 10
zumer  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 10:18:33 PM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Use a selection box with deep select to select individual points , which can then be picked up and manipulated independently. In V5 and V6, when you put the point down, the selection focus switched to the entire object and if you wanted to move a point again, you had to re-select the point each time. In V7, the selection focus stays with the point you selected first. Left-to-right marquee selection fences the point you want to move, right-to-left is a crossing fence and selects the entire object, ie all of its points.
rtaylor  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:11:45 AM(UTC)
rtaylor

I sure doesn't work like that with my copy....the whole entity moves regardless of how it is selected. I think it is just another of many quirks and bugs in V7. Did anyone beta this before putting it out for sale. Very dissapointing:mad:
rtaylor  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:29:59 AM(UTC)
rtaylor

Originally Posted by: jdi000 Go to Quoted Post
The deep select tool does not work the same from v6 to v7. If a entity is selected with deep select it changes to selection color and displays/turns on the control points you can then pick any point and move in version 6 but in version 7 the whole object moves not individual points

Regards
Jason

That's right...works exactly that way. So what is the point of having a deep select tool if it works the same as the select tool??????? I don't get it.:confused:
jdi000  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:05:52 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Hi All

The deep select tool in version 5 and 6 allowed you to select any control point on a object multiple times without the need to drag a window over the point to activate. Even if you deselct and reselect.
The std select tool will allow you to drag a window (marquee) over a point, so the deep select tool has lost one of its most useful features of activating and selecting control points without using the window select. If multiple points are in same area or on top of each other then the deep select tool was much more useful

If the deep select tool was not changed than its broken from v6 to v7.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
misterrogers  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:33:03 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

Originally Posted by: jdi000 Go to Quoted Post
Hi All

If the deep select tool was not changed than its broken from v6 to v7.

Regards

Jason

Yeah.. it's obviously broken. I've said before recently in another thread that the deep select doesn't work the way I expect it to. I actually WANT to be able to manipulate individual points. It only moves the entire object. It's a great tool that needs to be fixed so it works correctly.
zumer  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:43:58 AM(UTC)
zumer

Maybe it's an OS thing. I'm mostly using XP. In FX7 build 944 and 956, VC 2D3D7 build 942 and 956 on XP, deep select works the way you've described with the proviso that the individual points required initially be fenced left-to-right, but then that point selection focus remains. In an older install of V5 on Win 2000P, selection focus broadens to entire object, reselection required with each pickup, in V6 on XP the same.

actually not. Just had another look at V6 856 and V6P 852 and they can be manipulated without fencing.
PRP  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 7:15:04 PM(UTC)
PRP

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello,

Deep select seems to me to be working great in beta 958 (SharkFX).

Not mentioned in the beta emails, maybe some other fix fixed it!

Very nice now.
jdi000  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:58:10 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

The deep select is broken for dimensions. Deep select dimension you used to be able to move each control point separately.

Regards
Jason
Windows 11, 10
chipmaker2  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 12:05:54 PM(UTC)
chipmaker2

I noticed the deep select tool wasn't right as soon as I began working with dimensions right from the get go with V7. I've mentioned a few bugs that have been fixed from what I see in the beta info and I'm confident eventually all these things will be dealt with. I have made a requested twice for the latest beta and nothing?? I'm reluctant to mention a bug or problem seeing I'm still using build 936. Suggestions?
Lots of bugs in VC7 but I like the aggressiveness with which new tools & improvements were introduced in this release.
Chuck
jol  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:41:40 PM(UTC)
jol

Suggestions ?

... Keep rattling, I'm sure Tim will get to you shortly !

Jol
zumer  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 6:56:35 AM(UTC)
zumer

You did pick up on Tim's newer email here? http://forum.punchcad.com/showt...?t=3502&highlight=encore
Tim Olson  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 12:28:26 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>>I have made a requested twice for the latest beta and nothing??

Private email me your splash screen and I can put you on the list.

[email protected]

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore