logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
prburris  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:00:39 PM(UTC)
prburris

I just purchased VC Pro but I have not received it yet, expecting to get it tomorrow.
I thought I would uninstall the trial version, run a cleanup on my hard drive and defrag it to get ready to install VC Pro.
As soon as I click "Uninstall" I get an error msg saying "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file".
I tried uninstalling from the Control Panel and from the "All Programs" list and I get the same msg through both.
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:31:01 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi, you could reinstall the trial version if you have the downloaded exe file, still, and see if the install log file get created properly. Or wait for the purchased version and just install that.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
prburris  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 10:14:12 AM(UTC)
prburris

Hi Jason,
I've already tried reinstalling the trial version and the same msg still comes up.
I'll just install the purchased software as you suggested.
Thanks for your help.

P.S. I verified the INSTALL.LOG file DOES exist. When I right clicked on it another msg comes up (image shown below) saying the app failed to start because "rtl120.bpl" was not found. I searched the log file for "rtl120.bpl" and it was not found.
Any idea what happened or how we might correct this?

This msg is what lead me to try reinstalling, but no-go.
[ATTACH]3291[/ATTACH]