logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pht  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2007 5:29:24 PM(UTC)
pht

I'm sorry to ask that but i heard that concept 3d and unlimited support the 3dconnexion devices?is that right?

I've purchased a spacenavigator from 3dconnexion site and i can't make it work with concept 3d v3.

I can't see the support in the forthcoming V4?
3Dconnexion has released the SDK for the mac platform and drivers for osx are available now.

Thanks for help

Pht
________
[URL="http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/ebony-girls/"]black Webcams[/URL]
pht  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:43:39 AM(UTC)
pht

No news from Tim?
I woulf like to upgrade to concept 3D v4 but i'll wait for this feature to be part of a release?
________
[URL="http://vaporizers.tv/"]Volcano video review[/URL]
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:05:13 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>>I'm sorry to ask that but i heard that concept 3d and unlimited support the 3dconnexion devices…is that right?

Yes, but using the older 3dconnexion frameworks.

>>I've purchased a spacenavigator from 3dconnexion site and i can't make it work with concept 3d v3.

The new devices are not compatabile with older frameworks. Plus the older frameworks provided by 3Dconnexion would not support for Intel Macs.

>>3Dconnexion has released the SDK for the mac platform and drivers for osx are available now.

3Dconnexion provided us with current frameworks and hardware recently. We do plan on supporting the newer frameworks. I myself have a SpaceNavigator on my desk which I look forward to integrating with Concepts.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
pht  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 2:56:43 AM(UTC)
pht

Thanks Tim, always good to hear from you.
I'll will wait an upgrade for this device then.

cheers
________
[URL="http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Wild_Lianza/"]Wild_Lianza[/URL]
Gary  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 10:20:11 AM(UTC)
Gary

Tim:

I too now have a space navigator sitting on my desk. I look forward to CU supporting it :) .

Thanks,

Gary Helfand
Tim Olson  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:15:28 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

>>I too now have a space navigator sitting on my desk. I look forward to CU supporting it :) .

We will get it in. I really like the way the space navigator is designed. Not too big on my desk and has a solid feel. Plus it's now very affordable.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
lebeau  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2007 11:50:51 AM(UTC)
lebeau

If one were to buy one of these which one? Does the least expensive one have most of the functionality of the the more expensive versions?

Thanks, Mark
pht  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:18:22 PM(UTC)
pht

just check the comparison pdfs :
[URL="http://www.3dconnexion.com/docs/9d.php"]http://www.3dconnexion.com/docs/9d.php[/URL]

but i suppose that ther a lot of differences because of the high range of price?
________
[URL="http://pattayaluxurycondos.com"]new developments in Jomtien[/URL]
NickB  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2007 11:41:46 AM(UTC)
NickB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It looks like the only difference between the $99 and $59 models is that the $59 one only has web support, and is only licensed for non-commercial use. Very strange.

Any update on OS X Intel support ?
Shark FX 9 build 1143
OS X 9.5
3.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB, GTX 760 2GB

matter.cc
jasonb  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 1:02:23 PM(UTC)
jasonb

Any is anything happening with support for the intel macs. It has be a couple of months since anyone has said anything. Just wanted to know if there has been any progress on this?
Nick R  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 4:40:15 AM(UTC)
Nick R

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Any news on support for SpaceNavigator for Intel Macs? It works fine with the Rhino Mac beta so can it be much of a problem to implement?

Nick Robinson,
Nicholas Robinson Design
jol  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 2:53:14 AM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim

I know you've been working hard on getting the SpaceNav working reliably in ViaCAD

.. When can this be utilised in Shark ?

Cheers

Jol
Tim Olson  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 9:21:13 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

>>.. When can this be utilised in Shark ?

After ViaCAD has stabilized we will do a short Shark beta based which has the newer 3Dconnexion interface and issue as a service pack.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
API  
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:41:16 AM(UTC)
API

I bought a SpaceNavigator to try out with ViaCAD. I've only had it a couple of days but for certain things its much faster.
Does anyone have a suggestion on view settings? Its easier for me to "see where I am" in shaded mode, but I work mostly in wireframe mode. I don't like the screen flashing back and forth between the two. I have dynamic set to shaded and static to wire frame. What are other doing?
thanks in advance
Patrick
Tim Olson  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:15:05 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

API wrote:
I bought a SpaceNavigator to try out with ViaCAD. I've only had it a couple of days but for certain things its much faster.
Does anyone have a suggestion on view settings? Its easier for me to "see where I am" in shaded mode, but I work mostly in wireframe mode. I don't like the screen flashing back and forth between the two. I have dynamic set to shaded and static to wire frame. What are other doing?
thanks in advance
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

View changes with the spacenavigator or space explorer will use the dynamic mode. After a brief pause, if the dynamic mode is different than the static mode, the screen will update back to static mode.

If your static and dynamic are the same, you will elminate the ending repaint.

One thing you could do is set your static and dynamic to wireframe but your Shade Now to Phong.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
API  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:40:38 PM(UTC)
API

I'll try that. I find it easier to see the model as its scrolling and rolling by in shaded mode than wireframe. I'll try Phong for Shade Now. Is Phong "better" than Gourad? I'm just curious if there is a best way? Thanks for the help Tim. We all appreciate the feed back.

Patrick