logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
unique  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 11:54:10 AM(UTC)
unique

Hi Group,

I was trying to extrude two or more closed curves at the same time but not possible, I can do them singular but not a few together :)

Somebody explain what im doing wrong please?
Steve.M  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 1:40:59 PM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Paul,

I see the problem when attempting surface extrusion from multi_closed, but it is ok with extruding multi_closed to solid.

A bug or limitation?

Regards,
- Steve

____
WinXP pro (sp2)
ttrw  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 1:57:23 PM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Paul, can you post an example file?
unique  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 3:22:39 PM(UTC)
unique

Hi Tom,

There is no need to fill up the server, just create two circles which are closed curves or ellipse', then select both and goto surface pallete and click extrude surface. You should build two open tubes but you will only see one (1st pick)

Open curves work perfect. I would like to see the same for closed pls.
ttrw  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 3:37:47 PM(UTC)
ttrw

unique wrote:

There is no need to fill up the server,

I think there is every reason to fill up the server! Most people learn by reading, and a few others by observing. I am most definately one of the latter. So please post away! :)
ttrw  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 3:41:25 PM(UTC)
ttrw

unique wrote:
just create two circles which are closed curves or ellipse', then select both and goto surface pallete and click extrude surface. You should build two open tubes but you will only see one (1st pick)

Open curves work perfect. I would like to see the same for closed pls.

Actually, what you have now written makes better sense than before, if you look in the archives, Jol posted this quirk a couple of months back. I too have also noticed it, but this post really needs to be in the beta section, as it may get overlooked in here. :)
unique  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 3:53:16 PM(UTC)
unique

Quote:
Actually, what you have now written makes better sense than before

Hmmmmm..... so how did Steve manage to understand me then, maybe you need to read it twice before you actually start typing:D

Quote:
...........but this post really needs to be in the beta section, as it may get overlooked in here

Sorry but I dont see why, this is a surface modeling query IMO:confused:. Im sure Tim will look at these posts too, wont he ?
ttrw  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 4:05:59 PM(UTC)
ttrw

unique wrote:
Hmmmmm..... so how did Steve manage to understand me then, maybe you need to read it twice before you actually start typing:D

I am dyslexic- or at least I have been diagnosed with dyslexia. Okay? :)
unique  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 4:28:55 PM(UTC)
unique

I had no idea - Sorry dude!;)
ttrw  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 5:03:39 PM(UTC)
ttrw

unique wrote:
I had no idea

Yes. Most people don't.

But that is the problem with the internet, as it is easier to pick up on points like that rather than tell someone directly to their face in the street. So you have to be carefull.

No worries anyway- I'm used to it! :)

Posting is best imo, to be put across in 'laymans terms'. Many people hit return without reading what they have just written. It's good to read things over- I learnt this in making reports in my degree (which I just have about finished! yeay!! )
unique  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 1:29:41 AM(UTC)
unique

OK. So to get this thread back on track again, I would like to simultaneously extrude two or more "closed" curves as "surfaces" please, this is currently only possible with open curves :confused:

--
Just noticed it will extrude surfaces from closed circles or ellipse or spline but NOT polygons. Can we see the extrude cmd work with any closed curves to extrude as a surface, currently the only way to get this is to extrude solid then extract and delete what you dont want....too much work !!