logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeschn  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 8:06:27 AM(UTC)
mikeschn

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm curious, who here uses Punch CAD products full time in their job?

And if not full time, how many hours a week do you use Punch CAD?

Mike...
ViaCAD Pro 12 on Windows; Viacad Pro 14 on Mac
Steve.M  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 3:14:17 PM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mikeschn Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious, who here uses Punch CAD products full time in their job?

And if not full time, how many hours a week do you use Punch CAD?

Mike...

I could not currently use VC/Shark full time, it gives me an headache. Far too many inconsistencies/ error popups for my liking. But one of the main reasons I dont like to use VC/shark a lot is I dont like the display/view. I like to work in a correct perspective view. Currently with VC/shark that cannot be done. Even the poly modeling software I use (even open source) has a correct/workable opengl perspective view. (maybe the bad perspective view is just PC related, I dont know, but Tim just ignores all posts concerning the view/opengl).
jol  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:11:36 AM(UTC)
jol

I use it in spurts these days - depending what work is on

I've had periods using it all day every day for years - not without frustrations of course .. but pretty successfully since 1999 ( .. in various guises)

Of course, it's a far superior product today than it was back then .. in no small part due to all the really great people on this forum : )

Happy New Year to you all by the way - 2010 is going to be a terrific year !

... particularly if Tim rewrites the display code for perspective etc this year : )
zumer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:45:24 PM(UTC)
zumer

I have a couple of part-time occupations, I probably use CAD about ten hours a week commercially, and the same again for hobby uses. Not fulltime PunchCAD, other CAD and modeling apps too. Depending on what the job requires. That being said, I've enjoyed the Shark open beta and it's convinced me to move up from VC 2D/3D.
mat  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2010 3:46:45 PM(UTC)
mat

I started on the ashlar vellum software and swtiched to concepts later. Jol has been a guide and assistant. I am using shark fx full time to design furniture , and door hardware . I typically design the item and then the corresponding foundry tool , and assembly jigs and fixtures, I also do some contract designing.Yes there are frustrations, but over the years I have seen improvements and responses to the various issues.I have not explored Rhino or other software but remain interested in cad / cam intergration and wether I can make animations work to realise simple mechanisms. To maintain the loyal customer base I hope the committed posters keep posting and the committed developers keep developing. Thanks to all.