logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mlochala  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:17:50 PM(UTC)
mlochala

Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing to cause these issues! Sometimes when working in VC (V6, Build 852), my shortcut keys for viewing stop working. I then have to Save, Close, Close ViaCAD and then start over to get that functionality back.

Is this a hardware issue, software bug or is it something I'm doing???

Also, I use my middle mouse button and the dynamic views extensively, but sometimes for some reason that stops working. Instead of getting dynamic viewing, the middle button starts controlling zoom.

Again, is that something I'm doing??

I have 1.5g RAM, 2.3 (or 3) Ghz CPU, Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition and ViaCAD V6 Build 852.
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:20:11 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mlochala Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing to cause these issues! Sometimes when working in VC (V6, Build 852), my shortcut keys for viewing stop working. I then have to Save, Close, Close ViaCAD and then start over to get that functionality back.

Is this a hardware issue, software bug or is it something I'm doing???

Also, I use my middle mouse button and the dynamic views extensively, but sometimes for some reason that stops working. Instead of getting dynamic viewing, the middle button starts controlling zoom.

Again, is that something I'm doing??

I have 1.5g RAM, 2.3 (or 3) Ghz CPU, Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition and ViaCAD V6 Build 852.

This is a difficult bug to have repeatable steps. But to clear If you hold down ctrl + Shift and drag the mouse left to right and still holding buttons drag right to left. This will clear the issue without restarting.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
BridgeCityMike  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:06:24 PM(UTC)
BridgeCityMike

I have this problem too. It kept happening to me while working on a bunch of prints.

Thanks for the "solution"!
misterrogers  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 6:18:15 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

Thanks! It's happened at least four times so far with the only solution being restarting my computer. I'll try this next time.
ZeroLengthCurve  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:03:59 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
My post is late to the forum, but i generally need only hit the Ctrl key.

You might want to hit the Ctrl key (i hit the left one, because my right Ctrl key is reserved for switching out of VirtualBox), then whatever shortcut you need. This bug, however, has been addressed in Service Pack 856.

Write Tim a private email, if he hasn't already contacted you. Also, see the post about the Service pack:

http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=3101

Then, follow Tim's instructions there to obtain activation of the patch if you have a license (sound like you do if you're on 852)...
ZeroLengthCurve  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:57:12 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I regret to report that on my computer, the Ctrl key is again being needed to get out of pan mode. It has happened maybe 3 times (over that past 3 days, the most recent being just 5 minutes before posting this) since/despite applying the SP 856. It seems to be happening after using the "Show Only" tool when selecting lines from among lots of other lines and solids and surfaces.
mlochala  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:07:50 AM(UTC)
mlochala

Holding Ctrl-Shift and moving the mouse left to right, right to left will restore my pan and dynamic rotation functionality, but it does nothing to restore my shortcut keys.

I sure wish I knew how to fix this because its driving me crazy.
jdi000  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:33:24 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Holding Ctrl-Shift and moving the mouse left to right, right to left will restore my pan and dynamic rotation functionality, but it does nothing to restore my shortcut keys.

Email Tim your serial number and ask for the 856 pre-release patch, I have not seen the ctrl, shortcut issue in this build yet...

What os are you using? Mac or Windows?

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
jdi000  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:39:28 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Are you dragging like in this pic?
Do the zoom in then zoom previous or zoom out and zoom previous and this always got my shortcut and rotate working again.

Regards
Jason
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
instream zoom.PNG (30kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10