logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
misterrogers  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 9:08:10 AM(UTC)
misterrogers

Yet another question:

I know how to adjust the arrow sizes AFTER I have dimensioned something, but how do I adjust the size of the arrow head (height/length) so it's saved permanently and all new dimensions will appear as such? Sidestepping these seemingly insignificant things can drastically improve work flow.

Thanks again!
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:38:01 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: misterrogers Go to Quoted Post
Yet another question:

I know how to adjust the arrow sizes AFTER I have dimensioned something, but how do I adjust the size of the arrow head (height/length) so it's saved permanently and all new dimensions will appear as such? Sidestepping these seemingly insignificant things can drastically improve work flow.

Thanks again!

Hi

Did you create a custom dimension standard and set the arrow type and size with the custom std?

In the inspector dimension setting tab if that scale values with check box is checked the arrow sizes will scale with text scale changes.

You can use the eyedropper tool to copy the text and arrow sizes from one dimension to another.

If you click on a dimension tool with nothing selected goto the inspector dimension properties, value tab and change the arrow sizes all dimension you draw after that will be to that size. That will be the default size till you change dim standard, or values.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
misterrogers  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:59:16 AM(UTC)
misterrogers

Thanks Jason. It worked! I thought about using the eyedropper but it seemed to much of a headache or rather an extra inconvenient step. Selecting the dimension tool first (without any parts selected) works perfect.