logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zumer  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 7:31:02 PM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Some windows conventions are implemented on VC 2D/3D, but not others, which slows workflow when you have to stop and think about them. Habitual use of those conventions is reinforced because they're common to multiple apps, not just CAD. I use ctrl z, undo last action, which works, but redo is ctrl+shift+z rather than ctrl y. Most annoying is escape, which in most windows apps drops selection in all circumstances. In VC, it drops selection conditionally, not for all tools or circumstances ie, it doesn't drop selection for transformation tools, I have to switch to selection mode, deselect then reselect. Unless there's another way? In any case, if you're used to windows conventions, it's unconventional.... I think implementing windows conventions more fully for PC would make VC and Shark less "alternative" for marketing to PC, as well as easier to use. I'm aware of a couple of other users like myself who use both TC and VC, for example. I can't see myself going all TC or all VC because they're complementary rather than alternative. Some things that're a bind on one work much better on the other, and some conventional functional commonality would help. I don't know if it would need more diversified code streams between Mac and PC, but IMO it would widen appeal on the PC side.

murray
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:58:41 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I would like to see F2 invoke the text-string-edit mode. I would make for speedier layer renaming when i want to simply copy and paste into portions of a string of text, or when i want to rename/edit an entire layer name.