logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m.marino  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 7:51:54 AM(UTC)
m.marino

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim I know you don't deal with the sales side of things but....

Punch is no longer allowing UK customers to buy direct from the web site via download only and requiring us to buy from a UK based reseller. Which would not be a problem except that they are charging 169 pounds for software that is $99 on the ViaCAD website. I bought the software back in August last year and have had a good bit of usage out of it and like the product and the support here very much. The problem is those of us in the UK are being told to pay almost three times the price in the US when it take over $1.5 to equal 1.

Punch has lost 3 sales that I personally know of right now and that could get a good bit larger due to the price disparity.

I do not mean this at you personally in any form as you and the team have helped folks and been very responsive to questions and with help. Just I hate seeing bad business practice and plain greed stop a good product from being able to get on the market.

Michael
SharkCAD Pro v10 w/ PowerPack Pro
Lenovo D20 2x E5620 w/ 64GB RAM, Nvidia 1060
MM0MSU

Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 4:22:08 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Checking...

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 5:35:03 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Mistake on their website, they are fixing now!

They are selling at the same list price as in the US.

I do recommend those guys. They know the product better than I do and provide great support.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
nick  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 7:09:38 PM(UTC)
nick

Hello Michael

As per Tims's post the pricing for ViaCAD 3D on our recently updated web store (1st Febuary) was incorrect where it read 85 for upgrade it should have read 35 and where it read 165 it should have read 65 which were the prices on our previous store for many months. I would suggest that if you have pricing concerns for the UK that you might think to email us or call us directly. We will always match US$ price whilst including top level technical support and in some instances we are often cheaper than US eg current Shark FX promotion where we are self funding a 25% discount on upgrades.

Brst regards
Nick
Cadsoft Solutions Limited
m.marino  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 7:43:23 AM(UTC)
m.marino

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nick thanks and I will forward this to the concerned parties and hopefully you folks will be able to get a few folks to try it out before going down the negative path on this.

Like I said, I really like the software and apologize for anything that might have given offense. It is just with what information the folks had received from Punch and the price on the web site.

I personally think highly that you took the time to respond and correct the issue and will let folks know as such.

Michael
SharkCAD Pro v10 w/ PowerPack Pro
Lenovo D20 2x E5620 w/ 64GB RAM, Nvidia 1060
MM0MSU