logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chessperado  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:58:09 PM(UTC)
chessperado

Rank: Junior Member

Joined: 3/2/2007(UTC)
Posts: 3

Hi,
I have trying out the demo of Concepts 2D and I really like it.
But there is one thing that I don't like it. It is the line pattern.
When you draw a line, let's say with hidden or center styles, the beginning and the end of the line are not the same (see picture attached). I would like to know if there is a way to fix it before I change my mind about buying the software.
chessperado attached the following image(s):
Line pattern.jpg (95kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jol  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:13:30 AM(UTC)
jol

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/26/2007(UTC)
Posts: 2,156

Hey yes agree !

I'm a detail man -- that annoys me too !
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2007 10:07:34 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/2/2007(UTC)
Posts: 5,039
United States

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Thanks for the heads up on the line pattern issue. We've been discussing a variety of upcoming enhancements specific to 2D that this falls into.
Tim Olson
Vice President Software Development
IMSI Design/Encore
chessperado  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2007 4:36:25 PM(UTC)
chessperado

Rank: Junior Member

Joined: 3/2/2007(UTC)
Posts: 3

Will this issue be fixed for the next release of Concepts2d?
If it is so, when will be released?
myoung  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2007 6:46:39 AM(UTC)
myoung

Rank: Junior Member

Joined: 3/31/2007(UTC)
Posts: 14

This is great. I'm glad this one is getting solved!!
Gary  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:13:18 PM(UTC)
Gary

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 124

Tim & development team:

I hope this would include being able to modify default style settings and display weights. This has really held me back in terms of being able to draft at a speed equal to graphite.

In graphite I can customize a line style, set a shortcut to that style and draw away. In CU, either use the presets (not always to my liking regarding weights etc.) or add a new style and no longer have accesability to shortcuts.

Gary
myoung  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2007 10:59:12 AM(UTC)
myoung

Rank: Junior Member

Joined: 3/31/2007(UTC)
Posts: 14

That's a good point.

Maybe there could even be a little window with samples of line styles, text, dimension settings, and so forth you'd set up, where you could edit them and see real-time what you've done. Then just click on the one you want to use.
Tim Olson  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2007 3:08:47 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/2/2007(UTC)
Posts: 5,039
United States

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 196 post(s)
>>Maybe there could even be a little window with samples of line styles, >>text, dimension settings, and so forth you'd set up, where you could edit >>them and see real-time what you've done. Then just click on the one you want to use.

Yes, we need to revist the way in which we support text, pen, dimension attributes and changes.
Tim Olson
Vice President Software Development
IMSI Design/Encore
giulio.piovene  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:29:09 AM(UTC)
giulio.piovene

Rank: Junior Member

Joined: 3/12/2007(UTC)
Posts: 13

Gary wrote:
Tim & development team:

I hope this would include being able to modify default style settings and display weights. This has really held me back in terms of being able to draft at a speed equal to graphite.

In graphite I can customize a line style, set a shortcut to that style and draw away. In CU, either use the presets (not always to my liking regarding weights etc.) or add a new style and no longer have accesability to shortcuts.

Gary


Totally agree with Gary!
SK8  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2007 1:18:26 PM(UTC)
SK8

Rank: Junior Member

Joined: 2/16/2007(UTC)
Posts: 3

Tim Olson wrote:
>>Maybe there could even be a little window with samples of line styles, >>text, dimension settings, and so forth you'd set up, where you could edit >>them and see real-time what you've done. Then just click on the one you want to use.

This sounds very nice. Please take a look at how Apple does the Inspector in the program called Pages. You could take some ideas from them.

Include panes or windows for Pen, Text, Dimensions, maybe even Verify...

Several other windows could be rolled into an Inspector as well, cleaning things up nicely. Allow for more than one Inspector to be open at once, just as Apple does.
jlm  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2007 1:50:20 PM(UTC)
jlm

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,058
Man
France
Location: Limours

Thanks: 81 times
Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 31 post(s)
SK8 wrote:
>>
This sounds very nice. Please take a look at how Apple does the Inspector in the program called Pages. You could take some ideas from them.

Include panes or windows for Pen, Text, Dimensions, maybe even Verify...


I totally agree with SK8, Pages has a very good inspector (and Keynotes too)!

JL
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.