logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jb2953  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:51:12 PM(UTC)
jb2953

I am using ShartLT. I have drawn a screw conveyor with trough that it runs in. I can make rotate using navigator. Is there a way of rotating only the screw. The whole drawing rotates instead of just the screw

Thanks Jim
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 11:45:03 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
That sounds like animation, requiring scripting.

If it is at all possible, using scripts, Tim or someone who's done it or knows how will hopefully answer.

It would be nice if it can be animated smoothly or by fast or slow steps.

It would be useful for animating doors opening as one approaches, or doors opening only to a certain arc to allow peering beyond (rather than using translucency or walking magically through the door).

But, some of my thoughts imply employing physics-based modeling with "collision detection", which might be possible, but not hooked/wired into the app. The Boundary Box and a couple other tools can check for overlap/minimum distance type stuff. But, it probably would be a whole different product and roadmap to do that. Besides, other companies and products specialize in that, and might obsequiously/fiendishly use patents to make it infeasible for many to try to compete.
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 4:31:21 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jimb Go to Quoted Post
I am using ShartLT. I have drawn a screw conveyor with trough that it runs in. I can make rotate using navigator. Is there a way of rotating only the screw. The whole drawing rotates instead of just the screw

Thanks Jim

Hi Jim

The Navigator is designed to rotate the view or how you look at the model. To rotate a part, you can use the Rotate Tool located in the Transformation tool palette (second icon from left).

You can also use The Gripper which provides a graphical user interface on the part with rotate handles. To turn on the Gripper, click Modify: Gripper: Enable Gripper.

Regards
Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore